Medpace physicians and professional staff have extensive experience designing
and conducting clinical trials and
understand the issues from the perspective of the sponsor, the clinical investigator, the
scientific leader, and the reviewer at the regulatory agencies. Medpace brings
these perspectives to each clinical trial that we conduct. Our experience in
anti-infective drug and vaccine development spans adult and pediatric populations.
Medpace supports our sponsors who are advancing new anti-infective drugs, including anti-virals, anti-bacterials, anti-fungals,
and vaccines through specialized expertise in the design and management of anti-infective programs that maximize a drug candidate’s
probability of success. Medpace and its Infectious Disease team have broad experience conducting anti-infective clinical trials.
These dedicated teams with broad experience are focused on serving sponsors in all their clinical development needs.
Strong Lab Partnerships
Medpace brings exceptional expertise to infectious disease projects with strong and novel partnering relationships.
The Medpace ID team works collaboratively with some of the top leaders in microbiology, virology, immunology, and PK-PD modeling. In addition,
Medpace Reference Laboratories
coordinates the often complex logistics of global specialty testing. This
approach streamlines timelines, simplifies requirements for sites, and provides
a centralized model for communication.
- Microbiology: With an unprecedented reputation in microbiology specialization,
JMI Laboratories is known for its academic rigor and infectious diseases laboratory excellence.
JMI provides not only a library of existing samples of assays for our sponsors’ studies but is constantly pushing its technological
limits and capacity to bring in the newest assays.
- Virology and Immunology: Medpace is partnered with
Viracor-IBT who provides immune response monitoring,
molecular testing, and viral quantification. Viracor-IBT specializes in assay design, optimization, and validation with the flexibility to customize to client specifications,
and meets demanding deadlines, including inclusion and exclusion for eligibility.
- PK-PD Modeling: The Institute for Clinical Pharmacodynamics (ICPD) is a world recognized expert in PK/PD modeling to support regulatory and commercial efforts.
They provide expertise to companies throughout all stages of drug development in critical areas such as optimized dose selection,
pharmacodynamic efficacy and safety analysis, and PK target attainment analysis.
Medpace’s partnerships and central lab model gives sponsors a competitive advantage. Our collaborative ID team has access to the top research
scientists at these elite partner companies. Furthermore, with Medpace Reference Labs coordinating the shipping between sites and labs around the world, logistics are greatly simplified, resulting in higher efficiency.
- Hepatitis B virus
- Hepatitis C virus
- RSV Bronchiolitis Obliterans Syndrome
- Acute bacterial skin and soft structure infections
- Acute and chronic bronchitis
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia and ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections
- Urinary tract infections (uncomplicated and complicated)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (including HSV and HPV)
- Bacterial endocarditis
- Bacterial conjunctivitis
- Severe whooping cough (Bordetella pertussis)
- Clostridium difficile associated disease (CDAD)
- Multi-drug resistant (MDR) pathogens
- Staphylococcus aureus including MRSA
- Fungal infections
>> Click here to learn more
about Medpace's capabilities and therapeutic expertise in infectious disease and