Want to learn more about our expertise in Nephrology? Simply fill out this form and we will contact you.
Bernard Ilson, MD, FACP, is a Therapeutic Medical Director at Medpace, providing expert support for nephrology development programs. He is a
nephrologist with over 24 years of experience in clinical drug development and carried several drugs through from early phase development to regulatory approval and product launch.
He has been Principal Investigator for more than 200 clinical trials. Dr.
Ilson is board certified in Internal Medicine, Nephrology/Hypertension, and Clinical Pharmacology.
Nephrology CRO for Clinical Research
Medpace has the experienced therapeutic leadership, project teams and sites to ensure trials for renal diseases are appropriately designed and completed on time. In addition to the nephrology-experienced team, Medpace leverages its considerable experience in endocrine and metabolic disorders to support this specialized area. Medpace is the nephrology CRO that helps our clients:
- Avoid the challenges and risks associated with clinical and regulatory aspects of nephrology drug development programs
- Successfully recruit and enroll difficult-to-find patients
- Complete programs on time and within budget
Medpace conducts trials in renally-impaired patients, including patients currently undergoing
dialysis, and in patients suffering from diabetic nephropathy as well as other chronic kidney diseases (CKD).
The Medpace Difference for Nephrology Studies
In addition to the Medpace Difference
that applies to all of our therapeutic areas, our nephrology clients benefit from:
- Board-certified nephrologist with more than 26 years of experience in clinical drug development, responsible for leading several drugs from early phase development through product launch, including Teveten® and Coreg®, TQT studies for Levitra® and Vesicare®
- Our thorough understanding of the complex metabolic conditions that cause CKD, as well as the medical complications experienced by patients with CKD and early stage renal disease (ESRD)
- International network of nephrology investigative sites which regularly participate and successfully enroll in nephrology studies
- A seasoned clinical operations staff with specific experience in conducting nephrology trials