With the advent of precision medicine, biorepositories are a critical component of any clinical study, given the need for the highest
quality specimen management. Key biorepository capabilities must include exacting processes and quality consideration, including handling, storage, and tracking.
Scientific expertise is a critical aspect of these project teams.
Medpace Biorepository, a CAP accredited facility, can deliver biorepository capabilities for your next specimen transfer/archiving project as well as across Phase I-IV.
Medpace Labs is an industry leader in terms of customized, high quality service for the pharmaceutical and biotech clinical development industries.
Medpace, with its physician led model combined with highly degreed lab technicians and experts have the experience and knowledge to handle all
biologic specimens for the development of drugs and biologics.
Medpace biorepository services are critical to support clinical development across all study phases
Medpace offers a distinct biorepository service with a spectrum of capabilities applicable to early and late phase clinical programs. Our clients find that the level of service is much different from a typical commercial storage repository.
Medpace’s biorepository service is managed by a field-recognized, subject matter expert (SME) with practical specimen science and clinical experience. We ensure specimen integrity through evidence based processes and can provide efforts to develop client-specific procedures for their unique clinical protocols. These procedures can also be developed in cooperation with the client scientists and downstream application requirements; ultimately available for shared use.
Our biorepository service also provides opportunities to establish prospective studies in cooperation with Medpace’s Clinical Pharmacology Unit (CPU). This connection with the biorepository service can enhance the use of specimens and/or annotated clinical data, especially useful to the client for early program decisions or managed in such a way as to track cohorts on a longitudinal basis.
Medpace offers biorepository expertise to provide onsite consultation with the client to determine the most appropriate strategy for managing the control of their specimens within the research or clinical phase environment. Our depth of knowledge allows us to manage bulk specimen moves including the transfer of individual storage units to our facility for management of specimens on a project-basis or as longer term storage.
- A CAP accredited facility
- >7,000 SF Sample Management space (US, EU, Singapore & China)
- High quality, therapeutically-focused lab support for oncology, cardiovascular, CNS,
and metabolic clinical research
- Ambient, 4°C, -20°C, -70°C/80°C capabilities & Liquid Nitrogen
- Storage of serum, plasma, urine, DNA, RNA, PBMC, PK, biopsy blocks and slides
- Space to expand within the same facilities
- Flexibility to manage study-specific handling including aliquoting, buffering, relabeling, de-identifications
- Secured access
- Continuous 24/7 temperature monitoring with alarms and text/email alertsExtensive capacity and global scalability in state-of-the-art facilities
- Backup generator
- Powerful database for fast and efficient sample positioning and retrieval
- Biomarker development, validation and analysis, PK/PD
- Medpace provides comprehensive solutions for relocating your clinical specimen collectionsReal-time global tracking and tracing of specimens
- Subject matter expert in biorepository field
- Procedures follow ISBER Best Practices for Repositories and NCI Best Practices for Biospecimen Resources