Medpace Reference Laboratories (MRL) is a global leader in providing customized,
high quality laboratory services to the pharmaceutical and biotech clinical development
industries. A full service central laboratory with locations in Cincinnati, Ohio; Leuven,
Belgium; Beijing, China; and Mumbai, India, MRL combines our unique partnering philosophy with state-of-the-art infrastructure and
a team of medical and technical experts with extensive experience in all areas of
the central laboratory business. MRL has the global reach and capability to conduct
studies, assist with regulatory requirements, and deliver custom solutions, specific
to your needs, on six continents.
Drawing upon one of the most experienced teams in the central laboratory field –
nearly two-thirds of our staff has worked together for over 15 years – we
listen to and analyze your needs in order to create a customized approach designed specifically to meet your project objectives.
We recognize that every partnership is unique and we understand no single research
solution fits every situation. Working in concert with Medpace therapeutic and regulatory experts, MRL senior management are involved in every step
of the drug development process ensuring you receive the personalized service, professional
oversight, and expertise you deserve.
As provider of central lab services for different landmark trials and standardization
programs, we understand how to add value to every project. MRL controls all of its
operations – leveraging reference methodology, the highest levels of national
and international standardization, and attention to even the smallest detail –
to ensure the highest quality of specimens during collection and transport. From
logistics to project management to sample analysis, this complete control guarantees
truly identical results on a global basis from start to finish. Optimal selection
of test profiles and superior methodology and standardization are combined with
flexibility in programming, specimen management, data processing, and reporting
of laboratory data to deliver powerful solutions.
MRL delivers significant added benefits in execution and coordination of many central
laboratory facets such as site initiations, better communication and coordination
with the Sponsor, an integrated IT platform for fast data exchange, and unified
billing. Consistent, longstanding, and positive partnerships with each of our investigators
fosters best practices across all sites. Additional logistical support for countries
such as Russia, India, and Argentina, where lab supplies may be stored locally and
distributed to clinical sites rather than experience potential delays tied up in
customs, is provided by our global network of Medpace offices and personnel.
Key benefits of Medpace Reference Laboratories include:
- Experienced, service-oriented, expert leadership and professional support staff
with a proven track record in central lab services.
- Certified pathologists and experienced scientists available for consultation during
all phases of the study.
- Wholly-owned state-of-the-art facilities, instrumentation, and methodology (identical
in all Medpace labs) with global coverage.
- Industry-appropriate quality assurance and accreditation including CDC Part III
(Gold standard) lipid standardization, NGSP (level I) certification, and CAP accreditation
- Dedicated project management as a single point-of-contact for Sponsors and sites.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Financial Performance Indicators (FPI) for
optimal trial monitoring and planning.
- Medpace provides intelligent supply chain management, including full lot
and expiry date tracking, for production and on-time distribution of customized
sample collection kits.
- Innovative solutions for controlled sample shipments across the world.
- In-process data cleaning.
- Customized reporting and delivery options to accommodate international and study-specific
- Access to near real-time data via our fully customizable, web-based Laboratory Information
Management System (LIMS),
- Long-term, secure on-site archival storage of specimens (-20°C, -80°C, -180°C).
- Quality assurance compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements (GLP, GCP,
CLIA’88, CAP, FDA 21 CFR Part 11).
Want to learn more? Watch our
video, or contact
the Medpace location nearest you.