Every site is critical to the success of each study conducted around the world. To build a strong network of reliable, key sites Medpace established the Flagship site program consisting of the best-performing sites dedicated to best practices, expedited start-up, rapid recruitment, and data of the highest quality.
Flagship sites are typically the first to be activated with some of the fastest industry timelines and are driven by motivated research professionals. These sites are available in most therapeutic areas with site personnel willing to provide early input into proposed strategies.
Medpace has strengthened relationships with several industry facilitators, PIs/KOL’s and site research teams at key investigator sites and networks. The following organizations have recently achieved the highest level of site certification in Medpace’s Flagship Site Programme:
Flagship Sites Across the UK
In the UK, Medpace continues to strengthen relationships with organizations such as UK NIHR CRN, UK Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre (ECMC) and UK regulatory bodies, including REC and HRA to further support clinical trial activity and engagement with key centers looking to develop their access to industry-sponsored trials.
- CRN GM (Clinical Research Network, Greater Manchester) part of NIHR is responsible for delivering research across 14 NHS Trusts covering Greater Manchester. Key research sites supported by CRN GM include Manchester University Foundation Trust and renowned oncology site, The Christie.
- Royal Free London performs over 150 clinical studies at any one time with key strengths in Oncology and Hematology. The joint academic research program, in collaboration with University College London, makes The Royal Free Hospital a unique partner for Medpace.
- King’s Health Partners is Medpace’s first Academic Health Sciences Centre to be awarded Flagship Site status. This invaluable partnership will give Medpace access to a patient population of 8 million across south London and southeast England and 22 clinical academic groups. With an adult MHRA accredited phase I CRF unit at Guy’s hospital and adult, pediatric, and imaging CRF units at St Thomas’ hospital, King’s Health Partners are well aligned to meet the needs of Medpace’s Hematology and oncology pipeline.
- The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust will further enhance the delivery of Medpace’s pipeline of hematology and oncology studies. At The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, a £3million development is underway to create a new, state-of-the-art, central Clinical Research Facility (CRF) within the Leeds Cancer Centre at St James’s University Hospital. Due to open in Summer 2019, it will provide 18 patient spaces at any one time, co-located with high dependency and intensive care units and other relevant emergency support services, to provide maximum assurance of patient safety. With the development of their new Clinical Research Facility, Medpace will be supporting The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust in delivering early-stage and experimental medicine trials at an accelerated pace.
Flagship Sites in Central/Eastern Europe
Medpace’s Flagship Site Program is implemented in Poland and the Czech Republic as well. We have developed strong relationships with networks of private practices but also with public and academic hospitals experienced in multiple therapeutic areas, including hematology and oncology.
- KO-MED Clinical Centers is a network of modern and dynamically operating clinical trial sites that receive patients from all over Poland every day for specialized health care. They have completed clinical trials in various therapeutic areas which involved over 7,000 patients so far in their nine sites all over Poland.
- Innovative Therapies Center officially inaugurated by the Polish Minister of Health and KO-MED Clinical Centers in January 2019, will be operating the project
- European Trial Network (ETG) is focusing on innovative therapeutics based on many years of clinical and study-related experience. The 12 clinics of the network are visited yearly by over 200,000 patients in Poland.
- General Faculty Hospital Prague is one of the largest healthcare facilities in the Czech Republic
- Regional Hospital Liberec, a teaching center linked to the Medical Faculty of Charles University in Hradec Králové, covers the patient population of the Northern region of the Czech Republic.