With the advancement of precision medicine, molecular and genetic testing is becoming a critical component for patient selection and individual assessment of the risks and benefits of treatment. Known for partnering with sponsors at a very high-level of scientific engagement, the expansion of our molecular suite (1,975 square feet) further enhances our ability to support sponsors with advanced testing to detect pathogenic events at the genome level.
Medpace now offers an array of genetic testing services:
- Viral load and viral shedding in support of gene therapy trials and solid organ transplantation trials
- Microsatellite instability (MSI) testing on SeqStudio in support of immunotherapy trials
- Sanger Sequencing and fragment analysis on SeqStudio for detection of mutations, genotyping, identifying short tandem repeats, and DNA profiling in support of various trials
- Targeted gene sequencing panels by Next Generation Sequencing for various therapeutic applications
Medpace’s Central Laboratories Menu of Molecular Technologies
Medpace’s central laboratories offer automated and manual nucleic acid extraction, real-time PCR, viral load quantification and next-generation sequencing. These capabilities are expanding to include a large menu of diagnostics and testing including:
- Companion diagnostics
- Pharmacogenomics testing
- HLA typing
- Custom and comprehensive cancer panels for both solid tumors and hematological malignancies
- New biomarkers to predict response to immuno-therapy using MSI-high and mismatch repair-low
Medpace’s virology test menu includes CMV, HCV, HBV and all high-risk HPV types. Medpace continues to work with sponsors on developing assays for novel biomarkers.
El Mustapha Bahassi, PhD Provides Leadership in Building Comprehensive Molecular Capabilities
In 1Q 2018 Dr. Bahassi joined Medpace to provide support and leadership in building out the molecular suite. His experience in cutting-edge genomic technologies further enhances our continually-expanding Ph.D leadership team at Medpace’s central lab.
Dr. El Mustapha Bahassi received his Ph.D in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology from the University of Brussels in Belgium. He then joined the University of Texas (UT) Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas as a postdoctoral fellow in Molecular Oncology. Following his training at UT Southwestern, Dr. Bahassi moved to the Department of Cancer Biology at the University of Cincinnati (UC) as a research scientist.
Dr. Bahassi later became a faculty member in the Division of Hematology/Oncology at UC. As an independent faculty, Dr. Bahassi developed a translational line of research where he worked closely with clinical oncologists to develop new companion diagnostics using cutting-edge genomic technologies.
To learn more about Medpace’s central laboratories and how the expansion in Molecular Testing and Genetic Testing can benefit your next clinical trial, contact us.