Neurodegenerative Disease Drug Development
Accelerate your neurodegenerative disease study with Medpace’s noted medical and regulatory experts, highly experienced clinical trial management teams, central labs, and imaging core labs
Addressing the increased complexity of neurodegenerative disease drug development can be difficult in this active, complex and evolving area. Gain a competitive advantage for your program by partnering with a global CRO that understands these challenges and has the necessary components in place to help you overcome them. As a scientifically-driven CRO with a therapeutic focus in neurology, Medpace has the scientific leadership, operational execution and comprehensive services to help accelerate your neurodegenerative disease compound to approval.
Why Choose Medpace for Neurodegenerative Disease Studies?
- In-house neurologists with deep backgrounds in conducting complex neurology studies are embedded into your program from project initiation to completion, providing hands-on leadership and translating medical knowledge into execution
- Experience in rare disease indications that ensure success in genetic marker focused studies that must recruit and retain the hardest to find patients
- Wholly-owned imaging core lab ensuring imaging components are seamlessly integrated into the complex structure of the overall trial
- Global central lab with safety and biomarker analysis to support neurodegenerative disease studies
- In-depth knowledge of screening tools and rater scales
- Flexible, highly-customizable ePRO solution that is fully-integrated into ClinTrak, Medpace’s proprietary data management system
Central Laboratory Capabilities
With laboratories in the US, Europe, China and Singapore, Medpace Labs has the global reach and capabilities to conduct neurodegenerative disease studies in concert with our full-service CRO or as a standalone service. Key highlights include:
- Extensive menu of biomarkers that use state of the art techniques, and provide results that enable patient stratification and improve prediction of drug efficacy and safety. Biomarkers include:
- CNS markers such as Amyloid
- A large menu of inflammatory markers (many of which are part of multiplex panels).
- Scientific engagement throughout the development lifecycle from our global team of experts who have extensive central laboratory operations experience
- Over 19,000 square feet of biorepository services located at our four global central laboratory locations
- In-house logistical team that manages all shipments of collection kit supplies and laboratory manuals to clinical sites
- Seamless integration with a robust network of laboratory partners, some which specialize in CNS testing such as CSF biomarkers and genotyping.
Specialized Imaging for Neurodegenerative Disease Clinical Research
High-quality image acquisition and interpretation is crucial for the success of neurodegenerative disease trials. Medpace Core Labs provides comprehensive central imaging services to support imaging endpoints for neurodegenerative disease trials using fully regulatory-compliant platforms. Key services include:
- Site assessment, qualification and training, imaging protocol optimization and standardization
- Centralized blinded assessments, including patient eligibility and safety reviews
- Advanced data processing , e.g. global and regional brain volume and atrophy quantification with MRI
- Support of multiple modalities: MRI, PET, fMRI