Now known to be an independent risk factor for numerous adverse health outcomes – especially cardiovascular disease (CVD) – chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a global public health issue. Over time, the emergence of a classification system historically allowed for the improved identification and risk stratification of CKD, and with it came a better understanding of its related implications to comorbid disease and mortality.
While this deeper understanding of the disease has led to a number of opportune areas of study for clinical trials, there are numerous challenges ahead from the discovery of the underlying disease processes to the identification and recruitment of the target population. Furthermore, although the prevalence, health burden and mortality of comorbid disease is much higher in the CKD population, most trials exclude patients with renal impairment. As such, clinicians have a more limited picture of how to manage such patients.
About the Webinar
Medpace’s medical and clinical operations experts will be discussing important topics including:
- An overview of CKD and its related comorbid conditions including CVD and the impact on clinical development
- Important tests related to the evaluation of CKD
- Potential areas of study in relation to these disease processes
- Study design considerations
- Future opportunities [e.g., biomarkers for prediction]
- Feasibility approaches
- Optimizing patient recruitment and retention [IntelliPACE®]
- Lessons-learned from related clinical trials