Full-Service Central Laboratory Support
For over 15 years Medpace’s central laboratory has been offering full-service global central laboratory support for Phase I-IV clinical trials. Our clients range from small biotech to mid-sized pharma, to multinational large pharmaceutical companies. Having worked on some of the most complex and largest clinical trials in the world, we have the expertise and experience to deliver on your clinical projects.
Medpace laboratories have the global reach and capability to conduct studies, assist with regulatory requirements, and deliver custom solutions specific to your needs. Medpace laboratories have the advantage to deliver services directly to any Sponsor or CRO as well as providing services in collaboration with our CRO and team of experts.
Global Data Harmonization
Medpace has global full-service central laboratory operations in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA; Leuven, Belgium; Singapore; and Shanghai, China. All of Medpace’s central labs are wholly owned, purpose-built, with state-of-the-art infrastructure. Our four labs have the same testing instrumentation, follow global operating procedures, and utilize a single laboratory information system, ensuring a perfect harmonization of global data.
It’s about more than just collecting data. It’s about collecting the right data. Medpace provides scientific and technical expertise, “Best in Class” technologies, a robust test menu, and quality-driven data delivered on time, which results in industry-leading customer service and response.
What Differentiates Medpace from Other Central Lab Providers?
At Medpace we understand that our client’s R&D pipelines are founded on innovation and science, and we appreciate that the nature of these projects is highly technical and requires the experience, reputation, and therapeutic knowledge of key scientists. Medpace Central Laboratories has assembled a fully integrated scientific, technical, and operational team to execute your project seamlessly.
You benefit from:
- A global team of hands-on laboratory PhDs who actively engage with your study team throughout the entire clinical development of a drug
- Support from Medpace’s medical department provides additional therapeutic and scientific insight
- Expanding global capabilities in molecular/genomic, flow cytometry, and histology departments supporting oncology and gene therapy trials
- Expert advice and input regarding study design, test selection, and method validation protocols
Stable and Experienced Team
A stable and experienced team facilitates high quality and efficiently run studies that minimize issues, reduces study costs, and ensures study timelines are met.
- Project Management Stability: Our project management team is structured to minimize errors, shorten timelines, and maintain an active and consistent dialogue with our clients’ operational teams. Medpace’s unique approach to Project Management is to keep the same dedicated PM team throughout the life cycle of the entire study and clinical development program including study start-up, maintenance, and database lock/closeout.
- Experienced Laboratory Staff: Our team of PhD scientists bring years of experience in central laboratory operations, allowing studies to run smoothly and provide high-quality data for your study.
- Exceptional Global Supply Chain and Logistics: Our fully owned and managed inventory process requires no outsourcing – allowing for full control of all procurement and inventory of kit components. Our unique make-to-stock kit build approach offers dedicated builders, reduces wastage, and provides shipping same day out of stock.
Customizable and Flexible Services
Medpace understands that each of our sponsor’s studies is unique and has its own challenges. Our clients tell us what distinguishes Medpace from other global central labs is how we customize to meet our client’s study requirements. Customer service and flexibility are key, and Medpace’s culture is founded on science, quality, and innovation.
- Quick Study Set Up: Leading the central lab industry in study setup timelines, Medpace quickly programs the study and delivers initial supplies to sites on time, facilitating that studies start on time.
- Customized Approach: Each study is completely customizable if necessary, including test methodology/reference ranges, notable and critical lab alerts, blinding/flagging of results, special lab report requirements, and data transfer formats and frequency.
- Positive Quality Ratings: Medpace receives nearly 99% positive responses to a voluntary satisfaction survey conducted at the end of each study. Our strong relationships with sites result in effective communication, quick query resolutions, and ultimately good data for the studies.
- Same Day Kit Resupplies: In addition to the quick delivery of the initial supplies to sites at the study start, Medpace fulfills kit resupply orders within 24-48 hours of request leading to satisfied sites and keeping study timelines.
Committed Partner with Strategic View
Medpace provides ongoing investment in people, facilities, technical capabilities, and continued enhancements of our current IT system to support the unique needs of each clinical development program.
You benefit from:
- Right size project management and program governance
- Ongoing development of ClinTrak® Lab web-based portal. This helps sites and key clinical teams by quickly providing them relevant information that they need for decisive actions
- Competitive rates
Can’t get to our campus?
Take a virtual tour of our state-of-the-art laboratories to learn more about our capabilities and the efficiencies of our integrated clinical research campus.