The current hot topic in patient recruitment is to use ‘big data’ from a range of resources to drive strategy. While such data can be valuable in initiating a successful recruitment strategy, the ability to synthesize decades of clinical study experience, collaborative site relationships, and hands-on expertise from medical and operational teams brings a much higher degree of confidence and predictability in recruitment modeling. Without this pragmatic experience and analysis, volumes of data can lead to erroneous conclusions, adding time to your clinical study.
Medpace’s patient recruitment platform – IntelliPACE – provides a strategic blueprint for optimal patient recruitment. Medpace’s data-driven, experienced refined approach aligns the target population with motivated and experienced Investigators to create a precise and effective recruitment strategy.
Medpace overlays patient-level data with expertise and site relationships to provide a refined blueprint for an optimized recruitment strategy.
Data Coupled with Expertise
Medpace’s method for developing successful patient recruitment strategies starts with compiling relevant data from a rich multitude of sources, including our proprietary study management system, ClinTrak®. These data provide objective information on the availability of patient populations in a wide variety of indications, as well as the performance of countries and sites across the globe. The ability to compile and objectively analyze these data permit our team to identify sites best suited for each study.
Our collective resources include:
- Global Health Research Platforms: access to public data and private global health research platforms providing information for over 400,000 investigators, across 300,000 studies, and involving more than 135 million patients, to supplement our internal metrics.
- Clinical Study History: Our proprietary study management system, ClinTrak®, provides years of Investigator start-up, enrollment, and quality performance metrics to enable identification of high-quality, reliable sites
- Central Laboratories: a global repository of laboratory data drives sound recommendations relative to key inclusion/exclusion criteria to target investigators with the correct patient population
- Electronic Data Collection: a wealth of information regarding inclusion/exclusion criteria and their effect on enrollment in similar studies can help to inform study design and recruitment
- Imaging Core Labs: Assists with the identification of investigators in key therapeutic areas with access to specialized equipment and the experience required to conduct some of the most complicated studies currently designed
The multitude of resources analyzed ensures Medpace can provide a highly customized, informed recruitment strategy for each study.