Making the Complex Seamless® in Pain-Related Clinical Development
Gain a competitive advantage for your program by partnering with a global clinical research organization (CRO) that understands the challenges of drug and device development in pain and has the necessary expertise and experience to help you overcome them.
The Medpace neuroscience team has conducted studies focused on neuroscience, specifically pain and pain-related indications, in collaboration with reputable pain specialists around the world. Our expert knowledge of complex study designs based on therapeutic depth, patient recruitment, project management, regulatory issues, as well as noteworthy relationships with key investigative sites, helps to ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget.
The Medpace Advantage
We bring a global footprint, strategic medical, regulatory, and operational leadership as well as fully integrated central labs and core imaging services to enhance and expedite development.
Why Choose Medpace for Pain Research Studies?
- Access to pain specialists and key opinion leaders around the world
- Fully-integrated study management technology via our proprietary Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS), ClinTrak®, including eDiary and ePRO
- Experienced implementation of measures aimed at minimalizing placebo response in pain studies
Medpace Imaging Core Lab provides an end-to-end suite of neuro-imaging services to enhance and expedite biopharmaceutical and imaging contrast agent development, including consultation on imaging biomarker strategies, image acquisition protocols, image collection/archiving services, and image analysis across imaging modalities.
Central Lab Capabilities
Medpace Central Labs offer comprehensive global lab services during all stages of the development process. Focused on both the scientific and service aspects with wholly-owned laboratories in the US, Europe, China, and Singapore, our central laboratories have the geographic reach to support global studies, assist with regulatory requirements, and deliver custom solutions for any need. Services provided include:
- Project management
- Logistics management
- Comprehensive testing for routine safety, biomarkers, and specialized assays
- Short and long term sample storage
- Data management
- Preparation, packaging, and delivery of supplies
- ClinTrak® Lab web portal for study documents, study progress & result viewing
Customizable Patient Reporting for Pain Trials
Medpace’s customizable ePRO/eDiary component allows for the safe and secure collection of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) data directly from patients through multiple platforms. This easy-to-use, yet sophisticated tool can increase active subject participation in research which leads to a higher level of data integrity for studies. System highlights include:
- Built-in prompts to improve patient compliance
- Investigator sites can access the system, reducing variability issues
- Compatibility with multiple devices for increased convenience and compliance (BYOD)
- Fully customizable with multiple pain scale abilities
- Sliding Scales
- Image scales
- Customized medication lists
- Flexible time schedules
Pain Clinical Development Experts
Tackle complex and challenging diseases with our highly experienced in-house neurologists that are embedded throughout every study. Our neuroscience physicians have expertise in pain clinical development and provide strategic direction for study design and planning, train operational staff, work with investigators, provide medical monitoring, and are available to meet with regulatory agencies if the Sponsor desires.
Key Pain Indication Experience
Our neuroscience physicians and staff have experience in several pain indications, including:
- Acute pain
- Back Pain
- Chronic and breakthrough pain
- Frozen Shoulder Syndrome
- Hallux Abducto Valgus (Bunion) | Pain
- Inherited Erythromelalgia
- Migraine Headache
- Neuropathic pain
- Opioid-induced constipation
- Opioid substance use disorder
- Post Operative Pain
- Postherpetic Neuralgia (PHN)
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome & Bursitis